Look, I'm a computer guy. I make webpages and deal with commercial real estate for a living. I don't have any automotive skills. 99% of my car working knowledge is on my Mercedes. I started with no skills, so anyone out there should be on the same level as me, or better. This is just some arbitrary scale I made up, based on my personal time, knowledge and expertise (TKE), and the tools I had on hand.
1. Easy as cake - If you pay someone else to do this for you....
2. Somewhere in between 1 and 3....
3. Can be done without too much TKE invested. Just takes longer than 1
5. This can be done by help of a guide and your newsgroup buddies.
7. This is going to take a some time, and some tools
9. This I could not do without someone else's help, guiding me most the way, telling me what to do, etc.
10. Take it to the DEALER! Way beyond me. I don't have the tools, or the TKE to so it, and neither did anyone I knew~! :)